The first movement each day is generally a technique primer. If there’s one that you particularly like or one that addresses something you’re working on in your lifts, incorporate it into all of your warm-ups!
- Tall clean 3 x 5
- C&J 65-75% x 2+1 x 5
- Clean pull 95% x 3 x 3
- Push press 75-80% x 4 x 4
- 4 times:
- ME strict hspu (or negative, or 3-5 wall walks)
- 20 hollow rocks
The work on Sundays will be optional – if you have time to do 4 strength workouts, great, but if you missed one during the week, use Sunday to make that one up.
Lu Xiaojun’s 177kg snatch world record from last week
- Power snatch 60-70% x 3 x 5
- Snatch DL 100% x 2 x 4
- 3 sets, rest as needed:
- 15 GHD sit-ups
- 15 back extensions (weighted if easy)
- Conditioning: 4-7 fast burpees on every 30 sec for 5 minutes (10 sets). Should be about 10-15 seconds of burpees.
Just a note that on this site we always do percent x reps x sets or just reps x sets, so for the tall muscle cleans below, for example, it’s 5 sets of 3 reps.
Lasha Talakhadze (105+) with a 258kg C&J
- Tall muscle clean 3 x 5 (light)
- C&J 60-70% x 2+1 x 5
- Clean pull 90% x 3 x 3 (% of clean)
- Push press 75% x 4 x 4
- 4 times, rest as needed:
- 30 sec handstand hold
- 30 sec hollow body hold
We’re starting a new program today! This will be a good general 4 week cycle with a technique focus in the classic lifts, some squatting, and some extra work (gymnastics strength, strongman work, and conditioning).
Sarah Robles took bronze in Rio!
- Muscle snatch from power position 3×5 (light, warm-up)
- Snatch 60-70% x 3 x 5 (work within this range)
- Snatch pull 90% x 3 x 3
- Back squat 75% x 4 x 4
- 4 times, keep rest short:
- 125m sprint (sprint from the parking lot up the hill to the intersection, walk back down)
- 1 min plank (add weight if this is easy)
Hiromi Miyake (48kg, snatching 81kg) in Rio. She made this lift!
- Snatch balance 90%x1x3
- Clean and jerk 60%x1x5
This is a taper week, it’s supposed to be light.