**Note: the gym is closed on Saturday, June 14, for SuperFit**
You asked for more powerlifting focus and more squats, and we shall answer.
Today we begin two separate Summer Swole Cycles. Cycle #1 (PL) is for those who want to focus on the slow lifts more (squat, bench, deadlift), and Cycle #2 (OL) is for those who wish to continue with the technical Olympic lifts but focus on their overall base strength (the squat).
All posteriors will become superior with this cycle, as everyone will follow the same squat program. You must choose now which focus (PL or OL) you wish to have for the following 9 weeks. This first week will be a transition into the volume you are about to encounter. The Summer Swolstice Cycle begins for real on SUNDAY.
CYCLE #1 (PL)
- box squat x2 x10 (light, for speed)
- bench press x2 x10 (light, for speed)
- 3x alternating:
-band pull-aparts x10
CYCLE #2 (OL)
- snatch complex (pull+b.kn. hang) @50-60% x3 x3
- clean complex (pull+b.kn. hang) @50-60% x3 x3
- push press @ 50-60% (of snatch) x5 x3