Congrats on making it through this cycle! As usual we’ll have one heavy day to start our taper, but after that be serious about giving your body a break – don’t sabotage the taper by doing a bunch of extra stuff late in the week. You’ll probably feel weird and bad late in the week, that’s normal.
The Old Dominion Classic is Sunday. If you’re not lifting in that, you’ll max Saturday. In either case, good luck everyone!
Day 1 (Monday)
- Snatch technique primer of choice
- Snatch heavy single (if not feeling good, at least hit opener)
- C&J technique primer of choice
- C&J heavy single (if not feeling good, at least hit opener)
Day 2 (Tuesday)
Rest, unless you missed day 1 and feel good
Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Snatch up to 80% for three singles
- Snatch pull up to 110% for doubles
- C&J up to 80% for two singles
- Clean pull up to 110% for two doubles
- Back squat up to 85%
Day 4 (Thursday)
- Snatch up to 70% for three singles
- C&J up to 70% for three singles
- Mobility work
Day 5 (Friday)
If doing the ODC, rest. If maxing on Saturday, empty bar drills and mobility work.
Day 6 (Saturday)
If doing the ODC, empty bar drills and mobility work. If not, max snatch, c&J, and (optional) back squat.
ODC in Richmond. We’ll have lifters in 5 out of 6 sessions, spectators welcome!