If you are getting beat up on this program, maybe consider taking a rest day between lifting days!
- 3 position muscle snatch light x 1 x 5
- Snatch (full, of course) 77% x 2 x 7 EMOM
- Take 5 min immediately after the EMOM to work up to a snatch single at 90-95%
- FS 80% +3-6kg x 4 x 8 (Beginner: 75% x 3 x 5)
- HSPU x 5 x 3 strict with deficit, then two max sets kipping with no deficit (Open prep: use height standard)
Stay on top of your mobility work!
Make up day, or:
- Air squat drop x 5 x 5
- Unweighted split jerk footwork x 5 x 5
- Clean & jerk 70% x 1+1 x 7 EMOM (Open prep: one bounce into jerk)
- Deficit clean lift-off + deficit clean pull 85% x 3 + 1 x 5
- 5 rounds, not for time:
- 1-5 muscle ups (rings)
- 5 high box jumps
New cycle starts today! We’ll spend 5 weeks doing a cycle that will work equally well for crossfit athletes looking to work on strength and skill before the Open, and for weightlifters looking to build speed, consistency, and raw strength.
- 3 position muscle snatch light x 5
- Snatch (full, of course) 70% x 2 x 7 EMOM
- FS 70% x 6 x 6 (Beginner: 65% x 5 x 5)
- Snatch DL 95% x 2 x 5
- HSPU x 5 x 3 strict with deficit, then one max set kipping with no deficit (Open prep: use height standard)
Good luck to Cal, Christine, and Jamie this weekend at the Old Dominion Classic! New cycle starts next week.